Why Should You Join the Americom Team?
Though Americom has grown since its start as a locally owned business over 30 years ago, we still have a tight-knit team. Our sales, IT, service, and administrative employees work together each day to create the best experience for our clients, and they have fun in the process. Over the years, we have developed a team of diverse industry professionals who love what they do, and it shows in our service.
As an Americom team member, you’ll have the opportunity to hone your professional skills while working with big names in St. Louis business. From day one, your coworkers and leadership team will guide you and support your growth. If you want to work for a reputable St. Louis company and be surrounded by coworkers who genuinely care about your success, we’d like to meet you.
Americom rewards its team members for their dedicated service to the company. We want our staff to feel supported both professionally and personally, which is why we offer these generous benefits:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) with profit sharing options
- Flexible spending account with child dependent care included
- Employee assistance program and work/life benefit
- Paid time off (PTO) with additional time off for six major holidays
- Access to our eLearning Center
Americom values employees of all backgrounds, and we are always looking to hire talented, well-rounded individuals.
Explore Our Available Positions
Americom is looking for motivated individuals who want to control their earning potential and are willing to perform at a high activity level. The ideal candidate for this position excels at prospecting for new business, presenting solutions to satisfy prospective customers, and closing new opportunities. The Account Executive is expected to manage an existing customer list while acting as a consultant. By taking a consultative approach to selling, this person will learn to identify and qualify prospective and current customers’ needs, turn needs into sales opportunities, and achieve quota fulfillment.
Americom is looking for motivated individuals who want to control their earning potential and are willing to perform at a high activity level. The ideal candidate for this position excels at prospecting for new business, presenting solutions to satisfy prospective customers, and closing new opportunities. The Managed IT Service and Print Hardware Supply Salesperson is expected to manage an existing customer list while acting as a consultant. By taking a consultative approach to selling, this person will learn to identify and qualify prospective and current customers’ needs, turn needs into sales opportunities, and achieve quota fulfillment.
- Fulfill minimum revenue and profit expectations
- Successfully generate business from new and existing customer accounts
- Identify key contacts and manage complex negotiations with senior-level executives
- Build rapport and establish long-term relationships with customers
- Utilize our customer relationship management software to maintain a project pipeline and create strategic accounts
- Represent Americom in a professional and businesslike manner
Virtual CIO (vCIO)
Americom is looking for a Virtual CIO (vCIO) to assist the Americom team in a pre-sales role and qualify, manage, propose, and close managed network service contracts.
The vCIO works with our Network Technicians to perform discovery, analyze business goals, identify client requirements, and determine Network Services’ needs. vCIOs also ascertain our other products’ fit and suitability for prospects, including copying/printing equipment and managed print services.
The vCIO works with the IT Director to convey requirements to clients and provide insight into the technical options available for network and server infrastructure. The role also aids in designing cutting-edge solutions using a wide variety of technologies.
Working closely with the IT Director and Sales Consultants, the vCIO determines requirements, counts, and configurations of our managed service offerings in order to provide a cost-effective and comprehensive managed solution.
The vCIO confirms that products meet the prospect’s requirements and minimum technical standards of Americom. Throughout the proposal process, the vCIO articulates and demonstrates solutions, influences customers’ technical requirements, and positions products relative to competition.
The vCIO works with the IT Director to ensure task sheets, statements of work, and proposals consistently contain all relevant information during the proposal process. The vCIO is responsible for thoroughly completing and processing all documents throughout the sales and implementation process.
The vCIO reports to the IT Director on trending potential client needs and emerging marketplace trends for product development consideration. This position also functions as part of the product training team by delivering classes to employees, partners, and new users of our products.
- Attend pre-sales client meetings and presentations with IT Director and sales consultants
- Determine scope and develop proposals
- Identify client requirements (technical requirements, client infrastructure, configuration, and requirements), technical design (including solution configurations and diagrams), and planning phases of the sales cycle
- Work with Purchasing, Network Technicians, and Network Operations Implementation team to ensure successful delivery of solutions to customers
- Provide the implementation team with all necessary documentation for the successful completion of projects (including solution configurations and diagrams)
- Provide pre-sales support for new and existing customers
- Successfully demonstrate products and solutions in front of prospects
- Participate in all scheduled Network Team meetings, conference calls, and sales training sessions
- Contribute to the Product Development Team, which builds, delivers, and manages proof of concept product evaluations and pilot projects
- Travel, as needed, to industry events and prospect and partner sites
- Develop product training material
- Provide onsite support, handle technical presentations at trade shows and conferences, and ensure customer satisfaction through proactive communications
- Maintain an in-depth level of technical and industry knowledge through ongoing training, seminars, and certifications (Americom utilizes the CompTIA Marketplace)
- Proven track record of selling, building, and/or deploying technology solutions
- Demonstrated experience providing complex data system solutions to clients
- Experience as a sales engineer in network design, installation, and management
- Outstanding pre-and post-sales account management, follow-through skills, resourcefulness, and attention to detail
- Experience designing and presenting technical solutions to meet customer requirements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Technical sales support experience
- Working knowledge of vendor products and technologies supported by Americom
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and professional presentation skills
- Self-starter and team player with a cooperative attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask under tight deadlines and stressful situations
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
Take the Next Step in Your Career Apply at Americom Today
Americom is a local St. Louis business with a reputation for excellent service and high-quality technology solutions. If you want to join a renowned company and make an impact in our community, send us your resume today.